Imagine that you’re doing the PR work that you love but for an agency that cares not only about its clients but also about its employees.
The work is fast-paced with the flexibility of working remotely. You do really fun work of creating pitches to print and tv media for clients that are inspiring and making a difference. You work on a values-driven team that leads with integrity, honesty, and community building.
Though you’re working remotely, you have an amazing community of team members and clients to interact with daily. If this sounds like your kind of PR job, keep reading.
We are The Human Connection Agency, a PR agency for purpose-driven authors, entrepreneurs and online businesses.
We are highly selective with who we represent and we work exclusively with business owners who are creating a big impact in the world, for the better. Yes, we’re a PR agency but we get to see the difference our clients make in people’s lives.
We are hiring a part-time Junior Publicist to join our small but growing agency. We are a female-led agency that provides full-service PR for online service providers and product-based companies. Our agency is unique in that we exclusively work with businesses that are mission-driven – we are really proud of the clients we represent and we aren’t just any boutique PR agency. Our services focus on podcasts, publications, and television, depending on our clients’ goals.
Our team currently consists of our CEO, Brittney Lynn, one CFO, one Junior Publicist, and one Podcast Publicist. We are excited to add another junior publicist to our team to help our clients get amazing visibility!
Reporting to the CEO, the Junior Publicist is responsible for supporting the backend of our multiple agency clients. This role will be assisting our in house publicists and leveraging your love of details to do media, journalist, and podcast research, making sure our media databases and other spreadsheets are up to date, supporting with inbox management, monitor HAROs, and helping us cross the Ts and dot the Is.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
While PR experience is great, we encourage applicants who love podcasts and the PR industry and have a strong desire to work in the PR industry to apply.
– Support the team publicists in their pitching strategy (this includes researching podcasts, drafting pitches using guidelines and strategies provided by team publicists)
– Keep our various media databases updated
– Build and maintain contact lists in MuckRack (a CRM for PR)
– Support in writing and drafting pitches
– Follow internal SOPs to keep all of our records updated
– Research what has gone live/been published for our clients
– Generally support team behind the scenes (this role will not start as client-facing)
– Research podcasts and publications and update our SOP’s and spreadsheets accordingly
– Flush out talking points for interviews
– Respond to team or client communications via email and slack in a timely manner
– Monitor email inbox and facilitate communications and scheduling between journalists and clients
– Monitor HAROS for Human Connection Agency clients
– Participate in weekly team meetings
– Report to Publicists who are lead for your assignments
–You are a strong writer
–You have attention to detail
–You love podcasts and the media industry in general
– You love researching
– You have strong administrative and organizational skills (and details are your “thing”)
– You love supporting entrepreneurs
– You want to work on a close-knit team
– You love working virtually/remotely
– You don’t mind working under a little bit of pressure (not large amounts of pressure are involved in this role, sometimes urgency is required with PR)
– Curiosity drives you and you love to learn
– While you may not know all the tech, you are tech-savvy and can pick up new tech
– You are interested in being a female-led, positive work culture with purpose-driven clients
– You value integrity and honesty, even (especially) when it’s uncomfortable
– You are open to challenging team or clients if pitches are out of integrity or misaligned with company values
–You love to bring fresh ideas to the table to help clients reach their publicity goals
– You can communicate tactfully and respectfully
– You own up to your mistakes (The Human Connection Agency is a company where imperfect action is allowed and has a culture of taking responsibility and owning up to mistakes)
– You’ve read about our company’s values and you’re on board and can see yourself thriving in a company with these values
– Bonus: are familiar with the online business world
–You get to work remotely!
– We strive to be a great place to work and are not the typical cut through PR agency culture
– At the Human Connection Agency, we embrace your humanity– we’re not perfect and we are here to learn together.
– This is THE ultimate role if you want to start a career in PR and don’t have a lot of traditional PR experience.
– You get an automatic mentor from Brittney, the CEO!
– There is a lot of opportunity for growth!
– This is NOT the first time we are hiring for this role! We know the drill and have got the SOPs, and a team of folks to help you for when you have questions.
– We have clients whose missions we believe in and can stand behind. We are truly connected with our clients on a human level.
– Our clients stay with us for 3 plus years– people like it here.
You will be notified if you have been chosen to move forward in our hiring process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will ask follow-up questions, interview, and test the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview and a possible paid test (working interview).
We can’t wait to hear from you!