On today’s show, I have Hailley Griffis who is the Public Relations Manager at Buffer.
I sat in on Hailley’s presentation with her colleague Brian during Podcast Movement and they discussed what it was like to grow and manage Buffer’s podcast, The Science of Social Media.
Because Hailley also works in the PR industry, I thought it’d be great to bring on someone who does a similar job to mine, except for a much bigger company.
Hailley and I talk about how she applied multiple times before landing a job at Buffer, what it’s like to work with a completely remote team, why Buffer puts an importance on being an open and transparent company with the public, what she struggles with in her career and so much more.
Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
Day in the Life of Hailley Griffis | Public Relations Manager at Buffer
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- How Hailley got a job at Buffer after applying multiple times.
- What it’s like to work with a completely remote team.
- Why Buffer puts an importance on being an open and transparent company.
- What she struggles with in her career the most.
- Her best tips on scripting podcasts.
- Pitching tips to the media and journalists
Hailley Griffis is Buffer’s Public Relations Manager where she spreads the word about Buffer’s unique company culture initiatives through public relations. She’s also a co-host on Buffer’s podcast, The Science of Social Media, an iTunes “Top 10” in social media and her side project podcast is called MakeWorkWork. When she’s not on the internet, Hailley visits family and friends around the world, she also spends a lot of time doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Key takeaways from this episodeTo get a job at @Buffer is definitely not luck. It’s a lot of hard work. - @HailleyMari on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet A lot of people think PR people are professionals liars. We're not.- @HailleyMari on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet I think reporters don’t expect us to be so transparent and they’re constantly shocked. - @HailleyMari on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet
Links to resources
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!
Note: By entering your name and email address you will be signing up for my email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.