Welcome to the first every Day in the Life podcast episode! I can’t believe it, it’s finally here.
If you’re new around here, welcome! I’m thrilled that you’re here.
This first episode was released simultaneously with two other episodes (you can check those out here and here) to give you brand new listeners a reason to binge on the show and to hopefully get addicted.
So, onto today’s guest…Tonya Dalton from inkWELL Press!
Tonya and I started working together earlier in 2017 and we immediately hit it off. I love the inkWELL Press mission and core values and I just ordered my first liveWELL planner that I’m so excited to implement for 2018.
I admire Tonya not only as a business owner but as a person and parent as well and I know you guys will get a lot of value from her episode.
Can’t wait to hear what you think and don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes!
Tonya Dalton | Productivity Expert & Founder of inkWELL Press
In today’s show, you’ll learn:
- Why Tonya doesn’t check email first thing in the morning or in bed at night.
- The time of day Tonya is most productive.
- Why spending time with her kids in the morning is important to her.
- How to give yourself more whitespace in your life.
- How she structures her to do list and make it achievable.
- Her thoughts on work-life balance and why it doesn’t exist.
- The struggles she has being a parent and being a business owner.
- What she’s felt guilty about while being a parent.
- How she co-works with her children.
- Her tips on using a planner to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- How to consolidate multiple digital calendars for work, school, and personal.
Tonya Dalton is a productivity expert who started her first business in 2009 working out of her dining room juggling two small kids. By 2011, she had grown the business to the point where her husband could leave corporate America and come work with her. By combining her entrepreneurial spirit with his MBA and marketing experience, they were able to grow a small niche business quickly into something that could support their family.
The company continued to flourish, but something was missing. In the summer of 2014 she closed up shop to follow her true passion of starting inkWELL Press – a company centered around productivity tools and training. inkWELL Press launched in November of 2014 and has been able to rapidly grow its online presence and expand into a national retail partnership thanks to a commitment to quality, focused marketing efforts and fiercely loyal fans. Recently Tonya launched her podcast, Productivity Paradox, which debuted at #12 in iTunes in the Business category and surpassed 100,000 downloads in the first few months.
Tonya believes that too many women feel overwhelmed with all that they have to do each day, and many times their own dreams get pushed aside – she helps women use productivity to pursue their big goals and end each day feeling satisfied and successful.
Key takeaways from this episode
“Emails are other people’s priorities and divert our attention from what we really want to do.” – Tonya Dalton
“People vastly undervalue the beauty of whitespace in their life.” – Tonya DaltonThere is no one size fits all system for productivity. - Tonya Dalton, of @inkwellpress on the… Click To Tweet
“You don’t have to work so hard every single day.” – Tonya Dalton
“Balance is bogus. There is no balance.” – Tonya DaltonThere's no need to struggle alone. - Tonya Dalton, of @inkwellpress Click To Tweet
“Productivity is not about getting more things done. It’s about living with intention.” – Tonya Dalton
“Busy does not mean happy. Busy means you’re doing too much.” – Tonya DaltonYou need to give yourself a little more grace. And by a little, I mean a lot more grace. - Tonya… Click To Tweet
Links to resources
- inkWELL Press Website
- Productivity Paradox podcast
- Episode 18, Cushioning Your Time: Build Buffers Into Your Life
- Productivity Course
- inkWELL Press on Facebook
- inkWELL Press on Twitter
- inkWELL Press on Instagram
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Download the graphics below to save and share on social!
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests when you submit your name and email below.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!