On today’s show, I have Mojan Nourbakhsh who is an actress and producer located in Los Angeles, California.
Mojan shares what a day in her life is really like as an actress living in Hollywood. She shares how she got started in the entertainment industry, the most difficult part about being an actress and a producer, her thoughts on the state of Hollywood and how the industry is changing amidst sexual harassment, discrimination, and abuse, advice she’d give to anyone who wants to become an actor/actress, what she thinks people misconceive about the entertainment industry and so much more!
Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
Mojan Nourbakhsh | Hollywood Actress & Producer
- How Mojan got started in her career as an actress.
- Why affirmations and her morning routine is the most important part of her day.
- How she manifested her dream job directly after completing college.
- The most difficult thing about working in the entertainment industry as an actress and a producer.
- Her thoughts on how the Hollywood industry has been changing now that we’re more openly discussing sexual harassment, discrimination, abuse and her experience being harassed as a young actress.
- What the audition process is really like.
- Advice Mojan would give to someone who wants to become an actor/actress.
- What she thinks people misconceive about the acting industry.
- One of her most proud moments of her career as an actress.
Mojan is an up and coming actress/model/producer who is taking the entertainment industry by storm. She has a well-rounded background both in front of the camera as well as behind the scenes. With a degree in producing, along with many years in the performing arts, she has combined her talents and passions to create various forms of thought-provoking content. She also has her hands in many entrepreneurial ventures, with which she is able to influence people on a broader scale. Through the growing creation of her platforms, her brand focuses on empowering other women to take leadership positions all around the world.
Key takeaways from this episode
“My first job was working at ABC network and that was my dream since I was 5 years old.” – Mojan NourbakhshI realized how much having a structure can benefit you mentally and productivity wise. - @missmojan Click To Tweet
“I want to start off my day learning something new.” – Mojan NourbakhshI realized in order to be better, I need to better myself. - @missmojan Click To Tweet
“I want the use of my life to outlive my life.” – Mojan NourbakhshI think the opposite of courage in society is not cowardice, it's conformity. - @missmojan Click To Tweet
“One thing I noticed coming into this industry was women were not on each other’s teams.” – Mojan Nourbakhsh
“In order to really strengthen ourselves as a whole, we need to stand together and support one another.” – Mojan NourbakhshSometimes, you have to go backwards to be able to take quantum leaps forward. - @missmojan Click To Tweet
“If you don’t have a high enough self-image about yourself and you try and put yourself in an audition situation, you are going to crumble.” – Mojan NourbakhshThe people that have the most impact are the ones that are relatable. - @missmojan Click To Tweet
“I think the most difficult thing about working in the entertainment industry is being taken seriously as a young female.” – Mojan Nourbakhsh
Links to resources
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!