Heads up! There are affiliate links in this blog post. What that means is if you click on a link and then make a purchase, I make a small percentage of money because I referred you. This comes at no additional cost to you. I only share products and resources that I trust and that I know will help you in your business. Grateful for your support!
On today’s show, I have Lauren Frontiera, podcaster and creator of The Real Female Entrepreneur.
Lauren and I are in the same entrepreneurial groups online and after a few Skype dates, we became fast friends. Lauren and I started our businesses around the same time and Lauren so openly shares the rollercoaster that is entrepreneurship and I can relate to practically all of the topics she talks about on her podcast, where she interviews a variety of female entrepreneurs sharing their successes, struggles, and everything in between.
During this episode, we talk about meditation, her journey to becoming an entrepreneur, the struggles and rewards of being a podcaster/entrepreneur, among many other topics. Lauren is not one to hold back and she shares it all and I’m excited for you to listen.
Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
Lauren Frontiera | Founder of The Real Female Entrepreneur
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- Lauren’s journey to becoming an entrepreneur and how she got started.
- How & why did Lauren started The Real Female Entrepreneur podcast and community.
- Her biggest struggles and more rewarding moments of being an entrepreneur.
- What she thinks people misconceive about being an entrepreneur.
- How entrepreneurship has changed her for the better.
- How she prepares for interviews.
- Advice she’d give to other female entrepreneurs.
Lauren Frontiera is the founder + visionary of the badass online platform + collective, The Real Female Entrepreneur. Her podcast reaches thousands of women at all stages of business through real, honest, inspiring conversations with both high-profile and newly emerging female entrepreneurs. And when she’s not in front of her computer, you can probably find her pretending to be the next contestant on The Great British Baking Show (or some other food-related tv contest)!
Key takeaways from this episode
“I don’t think there’s been a day that I’ve meditated for 5 minutes and then gotten out of bed in a bad mood.” – Lauren Frontiera
“I had 9 different jobs within the first two years of graduating college. I could not figure out what it is I wanted to do.” – Lauren FrontieraI realized all of these doubts, insecurities, fears, that I had been dealing with but didn't know how to deal with because I didn't see anyone else dealing with them or talking about them bubbled up to the top. - @trfentrepreneur Click To Tweet I wanted to support other female entrepreneurs and show that they weren't alone. - @trfentrepreneur Click To Tweet
I have to focus on the things that will grow the business. – Lauren Frontiera
But I’m sure as hell going to enjoy a business a lot more if it’s making me this consistent source of income. – Lauren FrontieraThe truth I had been telling myself was that in order to make a lot of money, you have to work so hard that it hurts. - @trfentrepreneur Click To Tweet
I ask myself, if I could only do one thing today, what would that be? – Lauren Frontiera
I think a lot of people misconceive that being an entrepreneur is glamourous and fun. A lot of people think that if you work from home, you have all of this extra time. – Lauren Frontiera
Give yourself grace. Rehumanize yourself. – Lauren FrontieraWe are our own worst critics, we are not our own biggest fans. - @trfentrepreneur Click To Tweet
Links to resources
- The Real Female Entrepreneur podcast
- Day in the Life episode 001 featuring Tonya Dalton
- Day in the Life episode 011 featuring Jessica Freeman
- Day in the Life episode 004 featuring Kali Rogers
- Day in the life episode 008 featuring Andrew Brockenbush
- You Are A Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
- The Ellen Show YouTube channel
- Colleen Ballinger YouTube channel
- Fleur DeForce YouTube channel
- Jedidiah Jenkins
Follow Lauren + TRFE:
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Download the graphics below to save and share on social!
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!