Heads up! There are affiliate links in this blog post. What that means is if you click on a link and then make a purchase, I make a small percentage of money because I referred you. This comes at no additional cost to you. I only share products and resources that I trust and that I know will help you in your business. Grateful for your support!
On today’s show, I have Katherine Pomerantz who is an accountant and money mentor for creative entrepreneurs living in Oklahoma.
Katherine and I met at the 2017 FinCon conference here in Dallas after sitting at the same table during the newcomer’s session. When we exchanged business cards, I knew I would eventually ask her to come onto the podcast, and lo and behold, I had an email from her the week following the conference asking about the exact same thing! It was meant to be.
During our conversation, we talk about how she went from being an actress to an accountant (not your normal transition, eh?), her daily routines that help her have a successful day, the most rewarding and stressful parts of being an accountant to entrepreneurs, and more!
Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
Katherine Pomerantz | Accountant & Money Mentor
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- How Katherine went from being an actress to an accountant.
- What she wishes people knew about her career.
- The daily routines she has that contributes to her having a successful day.
- Advice she’d give to people who want to become an accountant.
- The most stressful and rewarding parts about being an accountant for entrepreneurs.
Katherine is a bookkeeper and money mentor for creative entrepreneurs. She helps you grow from a stressed solopreneur into a strategic, money-savvy CEO of your own online empire. It’s her mission to demystify accounting and the jargon of big business so you can build the fun, fabulous business of your dreams.
Key takeaways from this episode
Being an accountant is the most fun I've ever had and I never thought I'd say that. - Katherine Pomerantz Click To Tweet
“All of my friends made plenty of money, they just didn’t know what to do with it.” – Katherine Pomerantz
If you have financial independence, you can quit a job you hate and move. - Katherine Pomerantz Click To Tweet
“Do you like going to Starbucks more or do you want a nicer house?” – Katherine Pomerantz
There are different types of spenders and savers. You're going to be naturally good at one or the other. - Katherine Pomerantz Click To Tweet
“I think too many business owners get too caught up in doing their taxes and they stress about it too much.” – Katherine Pomerantz
“Bookkeeping is how your money talks to you.” – Katherine Pomerantz
“You have to know what you’re spending money on.” – Katherine Pomerantz
“Money is not scary. You should be able to talk about it.” – Katherine Pomerantz
Links to resources
- Miracle Morning book
- Miracle Morning podcast
- Smart Passive Income podcast
- All Up In Your Lady Business podcast
- Paradoxica podcast
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Download the graphics below to save and share on social!
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!